Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I don't think ignoring it is going to help anything.
Have you tried talking to your child about it calmly? Try to get your child to think about/describe how this spirit really makes them feel - are they scared simply because they're faced with something they don't understand? If so, explaining that the spirit may simply be lonely/lost and wants company, may help your child be more at peace with it.
However, if they are scared because they get a sense that this spirit is negative in some way, then it needs to be dealt with. Perhaps your child has the gift of being able to see & communicate with spirits, but is just too young to understand what's happening!
Whatever you do - please don't tell your child that they're "seeing things" or that it's "all in their head" or any of those types of things! I truly believe that crushes any gifts a child may have, as well as puts a big dent in their own belief in themselves. Also, your child may grow to think that they can't tell you things because you won't believe them....

Good advice, this Carrie is real enough to your daughter and telling her she doesn't exist won't help her any. By the way, has your daughter been watching movies she shouldn't? Carrie is a movie. Very often parents don't understand what's happening, they tell their children there are no such things as ghosts but they're very real to the child. How do you deal with someone telling you it isn't real? The other thing is your daughter may be psychic.

Silent also has some good words there. Empower your daughter, talk to her as though Carrie is real and deal with it on that basis. Get her to realise that she can tell Carrie to go away in whatever way your daughter will respond to. Carrie is her fear become real to her.
Old 24-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I get what you are saying Starbuck, but if we are one...there are no "others". It's not that I don't believe Ghosts, Satan, Monsters, Vampiress, exist...I believe our beliefs create the appearance of things. If your child see Monsters in his closet, a vampire under his bed....are you going to counteract that belief or tell him to be o.k. with that?

Shabby, get real.
Tell a three-year old child that it is one and that there are no others?
Do you really think it will understand?
Do you think its mother will be able to use that to help her daughter?
Do you think that telling that child that ghosts do not exist is going to help when it sees them, hears them and is afraid of them?

You are denying that there is a spiritual realm and that there are people who are aware of that realm and its population.
Old 24-01-2012, 06:21 PM
sesheta

I don't know if anyone here has watched the TV show "Psychic Kids"? There was one episode where a girl was able to see/communicate with spirits from a young age...and her mother ended up having her put into an institution, thinking she was crazy!
Needless to say, it put a very big hole in their relationship; the daughter's faith and trust in her mother had been broken, and it took a lot of work to start getting it back...I can't even imagine.....
Old 25-01-2012, 03:24 AM
Master
Bright Spark... I suggest you do some reading up on this kind of thing so you can appreciate what she's experiencing.

Trying to teach a young child mental concepts like "that isn't real because of the oneness" will only make her feel more alone and afraid, not heard or accepted.

Instead, when you yourself understand more you can face whatever this is with courage together, which will give her a sense of support for developing her own strength to meet what comes in life.

Xan

Old 25-01-2012, 05:09 AM
Master
I think you could talk to her about it, she could describe it etc, and you just listen and nod like you understand... just remember what it's like to be a little kid and take it from there.
Old 25-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I don't know if anyone here has watched the TV show "Psychic Kids"? There was one episode where a girl was able to see/communicate with spirits from a young age...and her mother ended up having her put into an institution, thinking she was crazy!
Needless to say, it put a very big hole in their relationship; the daughter's faith and trust in her mother had been broken, and it took a lot of work to start getting it back...I can't even imagine.....

These things happen far too often. I believe we are born with psychic abilities, some more than others and when parents say what children sense isn't real it can be confusing for a child. That as much as anything can screw with their minds. A friend's young daughter was seeing a little girl in her bedroom and my friend was freaking out. I went to the house and the child got very defensive, she thought I was going to take her friend away until I told her that what I was trying to do is get to know her friend to calm her mummy down. We talked about her friend for a while and the child was quite comfortable. The Spirit turned out to be quite nice and the two of them were still friends a few years later, and mummy got to know her too.

Work with what your daughter has in her head and try to stay very objective, you have to come across as the sensible one and not the scaredy-cat. Treat what see feels/sees as very real because it is real to her. Try and find out why the Spirit is scaring her, a fear shared is a fear halved. If things are still that bad, help her find ways to tell her to go away in a way that works for your daughter. Remember that this could be something special for your daughter later on, to me it says she's a natural psychic and it would be a shame to put an end to that right now. Help her to take control as much as you can for a young child. If she gains the confidence and control now it'll help her deal with it later on.
Old 30-01-2012, 12:31 PM
larty35

Are things any better now bright Spark?

Is your daughter ok?

Sending you love and supportive vibes, hope peace returns to your home very soon.

Larty
Old 30-01-2012, 02:30 PM
crazydreamer

I always pray this prayer at night, I allow Jesus to be my leading soul, the one I follow, well I listen to krishna, buhda, a few others, too. LOL!

Lord, as all is forgiven,
bind away any demons, powers, and principalities(in your case ghosts) from my clay house, from my material house, and from my property.
I want to know, these are the places, in which God will dwell. (God, beng my own specific definaition of the word, and maybe not anyone elses)

I find, in that prayer protection. I do believe, there is nothing that can come up against me, that I cannot overcome. For me to believe myself deficient, I then must believe God is deficient. I know, this is not the case.
Empower yourself and prtect yourself. Do the home cleansing, smudging, whatever you feel you may need to do. Arming a child with "ghost repelent" can help too.
I would also suggest, (as I had a ghost for many years), to not fear it, have unconditional love for it too. You may want to sleep in the room yourself, meet this spirit, and then kindly lead it on its way, AWAY from your home and child. (I urged my spirit to go seek her family, at her sons home, where her husband was then living, I believe she did)
I feel you are strong enough to accomplish this. Please do keep us up to ddate with your progress, or if you may be in need of additiona support.
Much love, blessings, prayers, and protection, to you, your family, and home.
Old 31-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Aquarian

Have you tried sleeping in your daughter's bedroom?

Getting a dog would probably help.

There are probably some psychic healers who could help but also a lot who could make things a lot worse.

Apparently, Carrie was a popular US name at the end of the 19th century.