Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Quagmire

I agree that this is complex and it does not help that the modern society is not open about it. I do think it is sad that those who can be saved do not get saved but I also think it is sad that those who are best off taking their life can't get a dignified death. There is nothing easy about taking once own life.

There is a lot of talk if it is fair for those who are left behind and the pain they have to cope with. But what about the one you ask to stay? Is it fair to ask them to cope with their pain so others can have it better? Who are any to judge... maybe it is their time to leave for the better of their ascention... maybe they have learned what they came to Earth to learn?

If we have free will we also have to assume that unexpected things can happen so people can live their whole life and yet not learn what they came to learn/do others might learn it before their body is ready to die. Maybe you have to die so others can learn to cope with their loss. I think there is an unlimited amount of possibilities. The only way we can ever be sure if people makes the right choice is if the society as a whole gets more open about suicide and also death.
Old 18-01-2012, 08:41 PM
BlueOwl

You have raised some very good points Bjoorka.

It has crossed my mind on occasions maybe someone commits suicide to teach others they leave behind lessons on dealing with loss. One might say but why teach them through suicide. If that was the plan surely it would be for them to die some other way since it is often made clear it is not acceptable in the afterlife. But someone leaving by suicide can teach different lessons in it's own rights aswell as teaching others to deal with loss it raises its awareness and awareness of depression. Maybe that was their plan since people are often ashamed to speak out when they feel suicidal and depressed. Raising awareness will bring people to speak out more and get help.

But yes a definate complex subject.
Old 18-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Quagmire

Though I think most that are suicidal are depressed I do not think it is all that are depressed. I am quite suicidal but I am not depressed. I have had bad times in my life but I am equally as suicidal when I feel great (maybe even more). It is just a feeling I always have had and I have never had the desire to be old (over 40) or get children and so. It has actually been a relief to me that I always have had the feeling that I was not supposed to get old. Sometimes I can get over the top jealous of people who die (at the same time as I get sad) because of a longing to get home to what I call the divine that resides deep in me.

I am also at the belief that any sane choice shall be made by a calm mind. Only once have I actually been close to taking my life when I was sad (and I do not want to do it when I am sad). I knew if I got home in the state of mind I was in I would take my life but I think one of my spirit guides (or so) distracted me and got me out of that state of mind. I Think both they and I know if I shall do it, it is safest if I have a clear mind at the moment.

I would love to live in a society that could understand it and accept it so I could get a dignified and painless death. As it is now if I do it I would have to inflict pain to myself for it to happen. I do not fear to die, I fear that I will die slowly in a lot of pain or not even die of an attemt.

Nothing I have received from what I call the divine have given me the belief that it was not accepted in the afterlife quite opposite. I get the feeling that I will be received with love (the kind of love so great that my human mind really can't comprehend the full extend of it).
Old 29-01-2012, 03:17 PM
n2mec

For me, maybe in time we will understand how to let go much easier.