Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 17-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Em577

I read that cavansite is toxic?

So my mom bought me a cavansite necklace it's just one tiny piece of it. I read that it's toxic? Is it still okay to wear?
Also I have a tiny moonstone necklace I was wondering if its okay to where them at the same time?
Another thing I was worried about is if I'm sweating or in the rain will it damage either of the necklaces?

I'd appreciate any other tips too I'm new to crystals(:
Old 17-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Master
I dont know about the toxic part of cavansite, but i wouldn't use cavansite in a drinking elixir ,

but i have carried my cavansite inside my bra and held it many times..

Moonstone safe to wear also..and wear both at the same time yes.

Im thinking the rain on the moonstone would be fine, I dont know how your cavansite would go in rain..

couple of nice sites regarding above gems.
Enjoy your day :))

http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/cavansite.html
http://www.healing-crystals-for-you....moonstone.html
next site scroll down to cavansite
http://www.thatcrystalsite.com/guide...ary.php?init=c
and scroll down to moonstone
http://www.thatcrystalsite.com/guide...ary.php?init=m

Old 17-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Neville

While It dosent appear on my list, and bearing in mind that my list is not all inclusive. It is in my view , always wise to err on the side of caution. The blue in Cavansite is however ,an indication of the presence of Copper.

TOXIC CRYSTALS

Types of stones that are toxic to ingest are minerals/ metals containing copper, lead, arsenic, cadmium, aluminum, barium, mercury, zinc, and other poisonous substances. These substances are often what gives a stone its characteristic coloring or shape. Great to look at, great to hold, but not great to put in the body. Where I have information on it, I've noted the toxic material in the stone.

Adamite - zinc, copper
Amazonite - copper
Amber - toxic dust, fumes, possible ingestive toxicity
Angelite - lead, sulphur
Aragonite
Atacamite - copper
Auricalcite - zinc and copper
Azurite - copper
Boji-stones/Kansas Pop Rocks (may contain sulphur)
Bronchantite - copper
Cerrusite - sulphur, molybdenum
Chalcantite - copper
Chalcopyrite - copper and sulphur
Chrysacolla (Chrysocolla) - copper
Cinnabar - mercury
Cobaltocalcite (Pink Cobalt Calcite) - cobalt
Conicalcite - copper
Copper - copper
Coral - organic, may contain bacteria as well as pollutants from toxic materials in the water it forms in
Cuprite - copper
Diopside - copper
Dioptase - copper
Eliat Stone - copper
Emerald - aluminum
Garnet - aluminum
Gem Silica - copper
Galena/ Galenite - lead
Garnierite (Genthite, Falcondoite) - nickel
Hiddenite - aluminum
Iolite - aluminum
Kansas Pop Rocks - may contain sulphur
Kunzite - aluminum
Kyanite - aluminum
Labradorite - aluminum
Lapis Lazuli - may contain copper, sulphur
Marcasite (Markasite) - sulphur
Magnetite (Lodestone) - iron in large quantities
Malachite - copper
Meteorite - may contain many toxic substances
Mohawkite - copper, arsenic
Moldavite - aluminum
Molybdenum - molybdenum
Moonstone - may contain aluminum or other toxic substances
Mother of Pearl - organic, may contain bacteria as well as pollutants from toxic materials in the water it forms in
Opal - toxic dust for inhalation at least, so if you must use opal for an elixir, etc., be sure to carefully clean off any opal dust
Pearl - organic, may contain bacteria as well as pollutants from toxic materials in the water it forms in
Psiomelane - barium
Pyrite (Fool's Gold, Inca Gold) - sulphur
Quartz (all types) - toxic dust for inhalation at least, so if you must use quartz for an elixir, etc., be sure to carefully clean off any quartz dust
Realgar - sulfur, arsenic
Rhodocrosite (Rhodochrosite) - lead
Ruby - aluminum
Sapphire - aluminum
Sodalite - aluminum
Spinel - may contain aluminum, zinc
Stibnite - lead, antimony
Smithsonite (Galmei, Zinc spar)- zinc, may contain copper
Sulphur - sulphur
Tiger's Eye
Topaz
Tourmaline, Watermelon - aluminum
Turquoise - copper
Uranium - radioactive mineral
Vanadanite - lead
Variscite - aluminum
Wulfenite - lead, molybdenum

Avoid and do not make conventional gem elixirs, gem waters, massage oils, or other consumables with these stones. The general rules below can help you and those you know stay safe.

1. Do not make conventional gemstone elixirs, gem waters, massage oils of any stone containing metal (lead, copper, etc.) Use an indirect method instead.
2. Polished stones are less likely to allow elixirs, etc. to leach any potentially hazardous materials. Rough stones are most likely.
3. In general, almost all blue and green stones, especially brightly colored ones, contain copper and are unsafe to use for conventional gem elixirs, etc.
4. Shiny, metallic stones should be avoided.
5. Don't handle stones containing arsenic, such as realgar, or mercury, such as cinnabar without protective gloves. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling them. These stones are extremely toxic.
6. Do not eat, drink, or smoke while handling potentially toxic stones.
7. Keep all potentially harmful stones (including small, bite-sized stones that aren't necessarily toxic!) out of reach of children for safety.

You may find contradictory information elsewhere as to the potential hazards of these stones, as I am not a mineralogist nor a health care practitioner. I recommend being cautious, though, and using unconventional indirect methods for making elixirs and other consumables unless you're certain of what you're doing. To be on the safe side, consider these stones, and any stones you don't know for sure about, to be poisonous to eat, drink, or otherwise consume

Neville

Oh and a final thought on these long summer days. Charging Clear Quartz in Sunlight can create heat much like a magnifying glass in the Sun and cause fires so its best to keep clear quartz out of direct sunlight , in my experience.
Old 18-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Master
Great advice Neville .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 18-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Oh and a final thought on these long summer days. Charging Clear Quartz in Sunlight can create heat much like a magnifying glass in the Sun and cause fires so its best to keep clear quartz out of direct sunlight , in my experience.

Oh dear, there's a story in that ..
Old 18-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Oh dear, there's a story in that ..

Thankfully , not so dramatic as one may think

I put some Clear Quartz out on the grass to dry naturally and it burned a small patch in the lawn....I won't be doing that again.

Clearly , however, those that are tempted to keep Crystals on a sunny window sill may like to have a care regarding this propensity of clear quartz to burn things.
Old 18-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Thankfully , not so dramatic as one may think

I put some Clear Quartz out on the grass to dry naturally and it burned a small patch in the lawn....I won't be doing that again.

Clearly , however, those that are tempted to keep Crystals on a sunny window sill may like to have a care regarding this propensity of clear quartz to burn things.
Ditto for putting clear spheres in direct sunlight. The sphere can refract that sunlight into a point, a la a magnifying glass, and you could actually end up getting scorch damage in your house -- or worse, a fire. Yes, fires have been started by sunlight hitting crystal spheres (natural or manmade, it doesn't matter). So if you are putting spheres on display, be aware of whether the sun will hit them for any length of time.