Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 09-07-2013, 12:24 AM
MorosePeregrine

Creative Stones

I've been looking for some stones to keep around me while I work on my creative endeavors. I paint, draw, I'm starting to get into digital art, and I like to make sculptures from found objects.

Also, are there any good stones that can help me keep on track with my work? I often come up with many ideas for a projects, but have a hard time following through with it to completion.

Would I meditate with the stones (something that I'm very new at, and I'm not really sure where to start), or could I just keep them in my creative space?

Thanks for any help!

MorosePeregrine
Old 09-07-2013, 01:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorosePeregrine
I've been looking for some stones to keep around me while I work on my creative endeavors. I paint, draw, I'm starting to get into digital art, and I like to make sculptures from found objects.

Also, are there any good stones that can help me keep on track with my work? I often come up with many ideas for a projects, but have a hard time following through with it to completion.

Would I meditate with the stones (something that I'm very new at, and I'm not really sure where to start), or could I just keep them in my creative space?

Thanks for any help!

MorosePeregrine

Stones that aid in creativity:

Citrine - Opens the mind to new thoughts.
Garnet - Encourages the gift of imagination and in taking action.
Ametrine - Brings intuition for success.
Sodalite - Helps overcome writer's block.
Chalcedony - Enhances the ability to communicate and translate ideas into action.
Dioptase - Enlivens the imagination and the ability to use it creatively.
Amber - Encourages creativity and boosts self confidence.
Rodochrosite - Benefits the creative process and spirit of playfulness.
Jade - Stimulates ideas and spontaneity.
Carnelian - Boosts creative energy.
Iolite - Unlocks creativity in an artist.
Ruby - Increases passion as a driving force.

That should be more than enough info. I suggest you look into the stones that have the properties you're looking for. After looking at them all whatever one you find most attractive and calls out your name the most will likely be the right one for you personally. Personally I love Amber, Jade, and Carnelian. Just bought some Carnelian and just bought a bunch of Baltic Amber.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Deactivated Account

Cool ! A whole list of creative stones ! I have a few of those already.

Thanks Morose Peregrine for the question and thanks Astral Explorer for the list !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Likes2Read

The second (Sacral) Chakra governs creativity, so any stones that work with that Chakra will help with creativity, too. If you favor color therapy, go with stones that are orange.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Ascender

Quote:

Thanks for any help!

MorosePeregrine

That depends on what keeps you off-track with your work, or why you have creative blocks.

For example, what worked wonders for me was an amethyst stone. It wasn't a by-the-book correspondence. It was just that the stone itself had an energy that would jive with my energy in just the right way to joggle my creativity.

If you get blocks because of perfectionism, or fear, then maybe a grid of grey haematite or carnelian would undo that past damage to your creative matrix.

If you get blocks because you keep thinking inside the box, then maybe moonstone would help things flow.

Or you might be walking along a river and just happen to follow a compulsion to pick up a granite hagstone, and for whatever reason, that'd do it.

It can depend on a lot of things.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:21 PM
MorosePeregrine

Albalida, I would say you hit it right on the head with perfectionism and fear. Mostly fear that I'll spend all this time on a project and what if it doesn't turn out right, or becomes something that I'm just not as proud of as I thought I would be.

Since I'm quite new to this however, I don't really know how to create grids. Could you give me some advise for that?
Old 10-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Albalida, I would say you hit it right on the head with perfectionism and fear. Mostly fear that I'll spend all this time on a project and what if it doesn't turn out right, or becomes something that I'm just not as proud of as I thought I would be.

Ah, I've been there. I still go back there sometimes by accident. :-S

Quote:
Since I'm quite new to this however, I don't really know how to create grids. Could you give me some advise for that?

Suppose that there are two stones that you feel are right for you and your purposes. You can simply carry them both, or take turns with one after the other, or you can grid them.

Gridding means that you leave your stones out somewhere in a particular pattern. A circle of five alternating carnelian and grey hematite stones, for example, around a single-terminated clear quartz. This is just an example, there can be many patterns, and it can be a very intuitive thing.

The pattens basically allow the crystals to combine their energies.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:19 AM
MorosePeregrine

That is so much simpler than I was expecting! Thank you for all your help :)
Old 11-07-2013, 06:08 AM
twinage

I also like to draw and my major is design :)
I would like to use turquoise stone when I'm having a blockage from getting inspiration.

Also I like how Larimar soothes me and give some insight that I can play with. But sometimes I just ask to my crystal collection, 'which one of you can help me now?'

And I feel some crystal will call me and I just bring them with me. So I said that maybe you should try follow your feeeling too beside reading their meanings :)
Old 17-07-2013, 04:32 PM
afarin

Personally I always think of creativity when I look at my aquamarine. Maybe it's also because it is my birthstone, but it would be my pick.