Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Mountain-Goat

Me likes what you have said arive..and here's some synchro...
This morning I have begun reading The Portable Jung.
There's an observation by Jung that is remarkably similar to what you have shared.
Great minds think alike, yes ? I think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
Although many do find some comfort in certain spiritual or mystical experiences, there are also some problems that it can bring up. Actually, it almost always brings up some problems, whether the person is aware of how it is hindering them or not (sometimes people deal with by just ceasing to think about it or basically going into denial, and then of course they don't realize that they aren't as free as they could be because they aren't thinking enough to become aware of that).

These experiences, as wonderful as they can feel for some, raise some very difficult questions. It can be very challenging to find a way to reconcile some of the apparent contradictions that you'll discover if you face these questions instead of avoiding them. But it is possible to re-evaluate the experiences and beliefs and perceptions that seem to contradict each other. It's not easy, but it is possible, and you will have more freedom if you do face these problems to work through them. Those who try to dismiss them so they can consider themselves to be at the end of the journey already are truly stuck unless/until they start to face these things again even though it means going through a lot of discomfort.

I guess what I am saying is that the bright side of this is that you are not completely stuck because you know you still have questions to find answers to. It is painful, but you are more free to keep going than those who think they are already as enlightened as they can be because of some mystical experiences even though they can't explain the contradictions that come up from that because they are ignoring/denying them, which is what so many of the writers of those books do from what I can see.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for all your insights.
I think what I'm calling apathy is an exaggerated response from ego, who realizes he can't be more interested in a world he finds becoming less real (as in eternal). It will probably last a long time. But I'll say it again: It is quite comforting to read other peoples thoughts about the same things I experience.
Old 13-05-2011, 03:10 AM
arive nan

I'm glad you were able to find some comfort seeker.

AC, I have not read Jung's writings about this matter directly.. yet. But you inspired me to search some of them down on the web :).
Old 17-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker2011
Thanks for all your insights.
I think what I'm calling apathy is an exaggerated response from ego, who realizes he can't be more interested in a world he finds becoming less real (as in eternal). It will probably last a long time. But I'll say it again: It is quite comforting to read other peoples thoughts about the same things I experience.
The inner journey of self discovery is long.
Enjoy the positives you discover about yourself.
Heal the negatives you discover.
In everything you do, be compassionate, patient, gentle but productively firm with oneself.( all attributes of loving oneself)
Old 17-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
I'm glad you were able to find some comfort seeker.

AC, I have not read Jung's writings about this matter directly.. yet. But you inspired me to search some of them down on the web :).
I heard he was very much into exploring the 'spiritual' aspects of reality when exploring the human psyche, whereas his peers were not.

I've only read 60 odd pages, no evaluations of his theories as yet, but I am enjoying our time together so far.