Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 29-11-2014, 03:19 AM
Raven Poet

Healing self = healing the planet

I read years ago in Barbara Ann Brennan's "Light Emerging" that when we heal ourselves, we also heal the planet. I understood it like there is a positive healing energy that we release when we do healing work on ourselves, and this in turn benefits the planet.

I often wonder that if this is true, this is why we are seeing an acceleration of spiritual awakening or rejuvenation within people around the world - that each wave of people undergoing healing disperses that healing energy exponentially to others, and to the next generation, which helps them recover or restabilize from the soul traumatizing experiences that still occur in our world.

I find this concept exciting and gratifying. I like to think that not only my soul benefits from the healing work I do, but that other life forms benefit from it too.

Any thoughts on this that you'd like to share about this concept? Sending love and light out to you all!
Old 29-11-2014, 04:55 AM
Ascender
If you look at the earth as one entity.. we are part of it not just living on it. So healing us has flow on effects to the larger entity. Its like we are cells in the body of the earth but we get to choose if we are cancer cells damaging the rest of the organism or immune system cells helping it or anywhere in between.
Old 30-11-2014, 02:26 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
If you look at the earth as one entity.. we are part of it not just living on it. So healing us has flow on effects to the larger entity. Its like we are cells in the body of the earth but we get to choose if we are cancer cells damaging the rest of the organism or immune system cells helping it or anywhere in between.
That is a beautiful statement. Our Elders call us the Children of the Earth; your explanation connects to this.

And yeah, I want to be healing cells for the earth.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Experiencer

Yes, I totally agree that healing yourself heals the world. It's wonderful.

On a funny side note, when I tell people, "Heal yourself, heal the world", I am reminded of that TV show Heroes: "Save the cheerleader, save the world." LOL.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Ascender
I saw an australian aboriginal healer speak to a gathering of spiritual people once. Someone asked her should we heal the people or the land first? She was confused and said that makes no sense, its the same thing. You cant do one or the other you have to do both together because they cant be separated.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Ascender
And when you take the metaphor the other way... our cancer cells are cells that decide they have free will. They want to make their own choices. They dont want to follow the pattern of the larger organism (us) maybe they dont even believe that the larger organism has a mind or a will or coordinated actions. They dont believe in god so they can do whatever they want. They may be harmless in the larger scheme (benign tumors) or destructive (malignant) and sometimes if enough of them get together they can even be lethal.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
I read years ago in Barbara Ann Brennan's "Light Emerging" that when we heal ourselves, we also heal the planet. I understood it like there is a positive healing energy that we release when we do healing work on ourselves, and this in turn benefits the planet.

Yes, I have read something similar to this as well by other masters who stated that the pollution we see in the world is a reflection of the pollution within the collective human mind.

So by taking the initiative in healing ourselves, we are automatically healing the planet too.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 06-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Anjali Devi

Can you imagine what a wonderful place this planet would be if each person just "worked their s#$t"? I teach my Reiki students that even if they never put a hand on another to heal, the act of raising their vibration and working on themselves reverberates out into the universe like the ripples of the pond. Yes indeed: when we heal ourselves we heal the planet!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Deactivated Account

It's definitely true. From healing myself I have seen a positive wave go out and change those around me.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 AM
awakenow

Hi all
Interesting discussion. I came out of my daily meditation the other day with a need to write down the following idea (which I did in more detail than this). It was about the idea that all matter carries with it a kind of memory and this memory relates to whether the matter is in state of having been influenced by more light or more dark energy. We constantly utilise and replace the matter within our bodies during our lives and I suspect that this matter is influenced by our energetic state. I suspect that we have the opportunity to imprint a lighter or darker flavour upon the matter we temporarily carry within us. The more light energy we carry (more towards one-ness) we are the greater the influence towards healing the planet we will have in this particular way. I fully understand there will be many different views on this and I fully understand this as just one possible mechanism among many. This is also a pretty brief explanation.
Love to all.