Thread: Drawn to novels
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2014, 07:30 AM
SpacePilot

Not novels, but self-help or spiritual...

Some years ago, my cousin was at huge book showcase we have annually here. He was looking at a book on a shelf and started extending his hand to grab one when someone probably tripped on the shelf case and made it shake. That's when a book did literally fall off the shelf into my cousin's open hand. The title had the word angel in it, which is not his type of literature, so he was about to put it back when he had the intuition it might mean something. He browsed through it and found out it was exactly the king of book he was looking for.

After reading the book, he called the author without really knowing why. He found out she gave personal spiritual consultations and ended up going to see her. He also took a group workshop with her. She is a wonderful spiritual guide and has helped both him and me through karmic resolutions. I took multiple workshops with her and am now part of her regular meditation group. I can say that more than half of what we now know about spirituality and Karma is thanks to her.

ALSO:

Every now and then I get the intuition a book I need to read has arrived at Chapters. I just head on over and browse for about an hour until I find a book I can't leave without. If I go there when I do not have that intuition, I can look at every single book in vain.

Just last week I was walking fast through Wall-Mart, heading for the exit, when a book caught my attention from the corner of my eye. I had to back track and check it out. Turns out I couldn't leave without it. I just started reading it, but it won't take long for me to get through it and I still have a full shelf of books I haven't read yet.