View Single Post
Old 26-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Pathfinder
Personally, I have a concept of a soul, even though I have a buddhist goddess:). When it comes to Buddhism. I think it's highly misrepresented in the west. In the west most of the people understand Buddhism as somekind of ''atheistic philosophy,'' even though it's far away from that. There gives schools in Buddhism as Theravada which is quite atheistic, but still far away from it and otherwise Theravada Buddhism and schools as ZEN are actauly the smallest branch of Buddhism in the east. The most widespread Buddhist branches are Mahāyāna and Vajrayāna. Pure Land Buddhism which is in the west totaly unknown is one of the most popular forms of Buddhism in the east. Pure Land Buddhism is (very) similar to Christianity and others monotheistic religions. While this no self stuff it's a part of Buddhism, which hardly anyone take serious or follow it since it's in contradiction of oneself. Buddhism also contains contradictions or flaws as every other religion. Without a self there is no experience. So simple is it. You cannot have an experience without a self. And everything is an experience. Peace is an experience, bliss is an experience,..anger is an experience,..calmness is an experience,..