View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 01:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Yes, in this scenario, mind looks for the solution and puts on a cloak that says "I don't exist anymore".

It's like going to a circus and seeing the magician tell everyone the lovely lady has disappeared. It's a mirage and trick, and no-one is happier than said mind, who uses this false rationality to tell themselves that they "made it".

They made it to the same place, the Greats and Awakened Ones of the past did - only for this cloak mind, they don't have to do anything - they only have to fool themselves.

And that would be ok - but of course for the cloaked ego, insecurity is at its core - it's made of nothing else but the same shadows it once sought to escape.

So such a mind will always need to preach - and to tell the (non-existent) others that it is real.

Its insecurity casts the Ancients and the truer traditions as "fake" (think the "fake news" or "Alternative truth" tactics)

Furthermore, it mis-uses the Ancients, quoting here and there but always out of context, always without the Truth that you see in the real religions - the Advaita-Vedanta, Buddhist, Mystic, Sufi religions.

Tony Parsons etc. are people out to make a buck, and I sympathize with those who are drawn into this mirage, but at the same time, I don't believe that they are for one minute happy- because these types of parlor tricks are superficial, rudimentary, unsophisticated, and only cause suffering for oneself and others, when all is said and done.

JL

If you have swallowed the propoanda against mind (Even though it is only Oneness minding:) then of course you must try to eliminate it. Not an easy task cause as you say it is a tricky monkey and may be hiding behind your enlightenment, sunning itself in a deckchair with a big fat cigar whilst making you forget that it is still running the show:)

Better to make peace with it and let it chatter away doing its thing, like a fast computer working on your problems. But different approaches suit different characters so good luck with what suits you.