Thread: Origin Stories
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos_Tone
Hi Folks,

I haven't been satisfied looking for, or trying to think of, some logical explanation of how everything appeared here.

Though now that I think of it, it seems like we do it very often: when we dream of different events while asleep, it kinda feels like we appeared there from nothing, with no cause. Wow!

Imagine knowing how it feels to do something and not knowing what happened!

Well, I wasn't expecting that. Any comments? Does anyone know if sleep is a sacred thing in any religion?

Thanks for being here. Thanks for reading!

Yours is a very insightful post especially in relation to the dream analogy, which is widely used in the east in reference to the process of creation.

As a matter of fact, in the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, comparisons are made between the process of going to sleep and the bardos (transitions) associated with dying. I have practiced "conscious sleep" for years and it is very illuminating in understanding the process of "creation". This practice is common to many traditions, including Tibetan Buddhism, yoga, Sufi "dying before death", and others. It is well said (and rightfully so) that the deep sleep state (thought-free) is the closest that most experience to one's original primal nature. That is indeed sacred.