View Single Post
Old 22-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
You have not figured out nonduality till now.

There is nothing in nondualistic philosophy which states that one ought to stop observing reality around us for practical purposes. All it says is that we ought to switch off the thought process when the practical tasks is done, and don't live in thought and mental worlds all the time, divorced from existential reality.

As Allan Watts stated, "A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts. So he loses touch with reality, and lives in a world of illusion."

This is hard to figure out considering the supreme importance the modern world, our educational curriculum and society gives to the intellect and intellectual abilities, and to thinking. If a man is not thinking incessantly, he is considered to be an idiot and not cool enough.

There had been times when I got into the thinking habit and thought myself to hellish headaches and migraines, missing the bright day and pleasures of nature around me, foolishly.

The nondualist philosophy or advaita helped to decondition me from this habit, made me understand the nature of the mind, and helped give my mind a break.

" There had been times when I got into the thinking habit and thought myself to hellish headaches and migraines, missing the bright day and pleasures of nature around me, foolishly. "

Yes overthinking can cause headaches , the brain is a muscle and sometimes needs a rest if it becomes tired and exhausted.