View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 09:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeColo
Anyway, I noticed a few months ago that I felt exactly the same when listening to their music as I did when it came out 40+ years ago.
The simplest way to describe is that you can create 'emotional snapshots' - you used the word 'felt' - of certain moments of your life. Your first kiss, losing your virginity, severe trauma - memories of all of these moments can cause exactly the same feelings as you had when you first experienced them because your unconscious creates the same response to the memory as it does to the actual event. Even though you might have had your first kiss at a very early age the memory can seem as being very real and it can be 'processed' by your unconscious as real.

What you have there is an emotional 'snapshot' where time seems to stand still, and one of the most common causes is severe trauma - which is what can happen with war veterans or anyone else who has suffered a severe enough trauma. However, if the emotions are strong enough they can cause what you're experiencing as well. I'm guessing that at the time your emotions were pretty high and Abba's music stirred up all kinds of feelings 40+ years ago?

Hate to say this but it's not a Spiritual experience. What it can be Spiritually is an insight as to how our realities are created - including yours it seems.