View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 05:56 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Too me it happens all the time, it's like I become part of a movie that plays in my own mind, I see images and hear voices, I interact with the "beings" that are there.I lose all my conscious awareness, this is why when I "return" back it feels that I was gone somewhere else.It's a trance, I had no idea that it's actually called the hypnagogic state.

So you're not aware in that state but only when you return, correct? You might want to check out dreamviews forum. It's a really good forum for lucid dreaming, and one technique is Dream Yoga. I'd say you either want to remain awake and aware or get beyond the hypnagogic hallucinations and into lucid dreaming with the intentions behind Dream Yoga. There was one member who was very experienced and actually offered courses for forum members. Not sure he's still there as I gave up on lucid dreaming because it was messing with my sleep cycle.

Quote:
That's really cool, do use the lotus posture? I don't use the lotus posture, I noticed that recently I became able to meditate from any kind of posture, I thought that I need to fully relax my body but the mind is the one who needs to be "silenced".

I sit in a chair. I had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee in 1986 for a bad tear of the meniscus cartilage in 1982. I avoid putting to much stress on that knee.

Quote:
It's funny, but you gave me a video that I've already seen half of it

I stumbled across that video five or so year ago. That's where I got the idea to start mixing resting in awareness into my practice. Jon Kabat-Zinn is the American guru of mindfulness.