View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

That is quite the generalization you are making there, and while I cannot get to speak for all Hindus and/or Europeans everywhere, I don't believe that anybody else has earned that right either.

First off, you need to familiarize yourself with your own history and the exploitation of the Indian labour-force.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPM1Zce70Kc

I really enjoy watching lectures by Raj Vedam and Rajiv Malhotra....you should try it sometime...it really explains everything such as those things you are talking about.

Really though, anybody would enjoy their work unless they were doing so to mass produce items for a Western consumerist market or for the tourists visiting the country.....Balinese Hindus are a case in point.

The artisans are forced to mass produce paintings, sculptures and textiles on a "production line" to be sold at a fraction of the cost of a "one-off" article they put a lot of time, care, love and self-expression into...thus facilitating the enjoyment of what they do. The quality of stone sculpting has decreased significantly in the past 600 years...I have noticed a gradual decline in the elements of classical architecture from the Chola Period up to the present.

However, a lot of Hindus still enjoy their work and this can be seen clearly in the performing arts like the Bharatnatyam...but yes, there is a lot of pressure on the youth of India to become engineers, computer programmers, scientists and the like following a Westernized model, but how many of these can the world economy and competitive marketplace sustain? Honestly?

One day we shall see a Renaissance take place in India, but it won't be in my lifetime and all anyone can do until then is to enjoy whatever we do on a personal level and not worry about what anybody else is doing...it is the only way to stay sane in a world gone mad.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namastey ! Well I think I do deserve to speak about all mankind as I know everything, God, soul, Nature, cosmos, human history, Europeans, Indians etc.

We should not discount European's contributions in bringing our civilization to the present level despite their shortcomings and atrocities they have committed. The royals of recent past just 200 years ago, did not have the comforts that the average population of the world now enjoys ( A/C, attached bath...). It is all due to the Europeans who have superb imagination, who loved their work and devoted themselves, despite harsh climate. Not to talk about TV, Computer, internet, Railways, Aeroplane, No Indian can match Picasso, Van Gogh, Divinchi, or Thomas Edison, Tesla, Ford ..

Your link did not open. If you think Bharat Natyam, or Raj Vedam and Rajiv Malhotra could be a possible Indian challenger to their European Counterparts, then you are seriously mistaken.