View Single Post
Old 22-12-2021, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
QUOTE Post 17 EXCERPT:

You are exactly right, in my opinion. This is why I hold no beliefs. The most dangerous of all beliefs are the
beliefs of science. Spiritual beliefs are not universally accepted and can be summarily dismissed. God can be
kicked aside by atheists. No one alive (except me) can be convinced that gravity is not the force that makes people fall from rooftops.
Belief is very intimate and subjective, but in my opinion it should have some foundation in experience.
Beliefs are conclusions that we draw from experience, but there are also beliefs that have no foundation,
they are just conjecture.

The problem is that humanity uses a system of validation which works very well in this physical world but
does not work at all in spiritual matters. Science has an objective methodology but spirituality is not objective.

Humanity gives most of its validity to logic and reasoning; intuition has traditionally been discarded as a
female trait. Traditionally men, or males, have been viewed as the keepers of reason while females have
been viewed as mysterious and unable to properly reason. Today this perspective is not as prevalent.

Human reasoning can not validate everything. Logic can be faulty. Scientific research can be misinterpreted
or done poorly. I think science has a wonderful place in human life, but science is limited. Faith on the other
hand does have its merit, but we need to be careful with that as well. What we put our faith in, we invite
into our lives.