View Single Post
Old 18-04-2020, 02:12 AM
Master
Namaste.

You can also tell a LOT from a specific Deity by the vehicles (Vimanas) they choose to ride, with relation to that part of your internal values you wish to cultivate or strengthen..

I am about to tell you right now what a thousand Hindu "psychic mediums" and Astrologers never will!

Lord Brahma - Hamsa the Swan.

Hamsa means disernment and discrimination. The Hamsa Swan is the only creature alive who can separate the milk dissolved in with the water. Hamsa also represents the focused awareness on the breath.."Ham" (I AM) during the inhalation and "Sa" (Truth) on the exhalation. After a while "Hamsa" becomes "Saham" and that's when things get interesting when you allow your awareness to rest within that space between each ingoing and outgoing breath.

Lord Vishnu - Garuda, the Eagle.

This mount signifies keen-ness, awareness, motivation and vigilance. If these are the qualities you lack, then Garuda can help you. It is also said that each Deity of the Trimurti corresponds to an aspect of the three Gunas (Sattwa, Rajas and Tamas), with their mounts representing such.

Lord Shiva - Nandi the Bull

This is the only terrestrial mount among the Trimurti. So it represents the need for grounding and centering inside the Self. Nandi is a very interesting character.. stubborn, pig headed, foolhardy, yet intensely loyal, loving and trusting..so if you require to work on that, sit gazing at Shiva Lingam, just like Nandi does.

Lord Ganesha - Mouse/Rat

It always amused me to think about an elephant riding a mouse...must either be one tiny elephant, or one ginormous mouse, isn't it? Until I realized this represents the emotions of fear (what are elephants afraid of?) and overindulgence (not necessarily those of laddhus) which is holding one back from achieving their goals in life..

Vel Murugan - Peackock

You know him right? The OTHER son of Shiva and Parvati?...the vain, arrogant one whose dichotomous charms make him endearing to his Pleiadean following...The peacock represents vanity, pride, flashiness but also beauty and fragility in the positive.

Durga/Kali - The Tiger/Lion.

This one is easy right? Courage vs ruthlessness... strength vs power. To subdue impulsiveness when making emotional decisions , means to direct the energy of Shakti through the planes of Bhur, Bhuvah and Swarga.

I will say more later.

Aum Namah Shivaya