View Single Post
Old 27-06-2021, 07:37 AM
Greenslade

[quote=MikeS80]Individuality does not create separation. One can be an individual and not think he/she is separate from brahman, just like one can be an individual who thinks he/she is separate from brahman. p/quote] it's both, individuality causes both separation and non-separation depending on the individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
My unconscious bodily functions, including the beating of my heart and breathing is not the cause of my negative and destructive conditioning/programming and behaviour. My unconscious bodily functions, including the beating of my heart and breathing are a positive thing as they keep me alive.
I never said they were, but those are as much of your unconscious as your cognitive behaviour and everything else that is in your unconscious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I never said nor implied that I am no longer a slave to my unconscious conditioning, you are falsely projecting that onto me. I am in constant battle with my negative and destructive unconscious conditioning.
What I was trying to put across is that you can change the unconscious programming but you can't actually stop it, so instead of being in a constant battle with your unconscious conditioning you can change it to something that serves you better. Shadow work would be a good start.