View Single Post
Old 29-04-2021, 08:36 PM
Master

Why do I believe in astrology?

Firstly, I don't bother with daily horoscopes in newspapers.

But when you look at a birth chart in detail then it can be very revealing, even though my own skills at interpretation are limited. And understanding how current planetary transits relate to our charts can help us to understand the current influences in our lives.

Secondly, sceptics may dismiss the idea that heavenly bodies such as Jupiter or Neptune can influence us. They tend to consider the solar system as just physical matter. But when we consider the solar system as a scheme of connected interacting energies (and we too are part of that scheme), then it is apparent that the movement of the planets does have an effect on us.

And each planet is the body of a living Being, just as our Earth is. And those Beings express particular forces. Astrology is the interpretation of how these forces interact.

Of course I have questions. For example, Western astrology vs Vedic astrology. Two different systems based on two different principles for determining the positions of the Sun and the planets, giving two different charts. And yet both seem to work (when applied by a skilled astrologer).

An interesting subject.

Peace