View Single Post
Old 25-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Master
This is a very interesting topic to me - thanks for starting it. Some years ago, I broke my leg while in a steep area of the forest, and (while mending) I decided to take a course and an "attunement" in "Reiki". You probably know, it's a spiritual path and a method for developing one's healing abilities. I thought I was doing this for my leg, but it resulted in several other benefits: The attunement itself immediately and unexpectedly acted to clear away many of those emotional traces that had remained since childhood and adolescence - emotional stuff that I had never been able to completely shake off.

In reaction to emotional pain, I had put up walls. But after my attunement, both the pain/fear and the walls I had made just dissolved - quite a bit so. My overall mood improved. My sense of intimacy with nature (birds, dogs, horses, and others) markedly increased. Song birds began to perch on my head when I meditated outdoors - which I've enjoyed.

Generally I used to meditate for the purpose of quieting my mind, but I now start from a pretty quiet inner state. I think this is connected to the interest birds and other creatures have taken in me.