View Single Post
Old 15-01-2021, 11:23 AM
Elfin

...I was a tad young to become a hippy and enter into the world of flower power/ make love, not war/ drugs / mini skirts /makeup / and beehives ....... But I DO remember it all being topical and in the news .... Twiggy ... And the whole new trends of liberation and freedom... Ban the bomb... And the older generation being disgusted beyond disgust at the shock of it all LOL... They were scandalised beyond scandalisation , although I'm sure there were many a scandalised dad/ grandad... Not averse to seeing the odd "leg" in a mini skirt !!! Hahaha .... For me... Hearing Petula clark singing "downtown" on the radio on a Sunday , as my mother prepared a Sunday roast , has always stuck with me.... I love that song, even to this day....Another lovely memory that is a lifelong love , was seeing the film "born free" as a six year old , and that film "shaping" somewhat, the person I would become..... But my happiest memories of the 60's , without a shadow of doubt, were all the times I spent with my brother.... All our adventures, bike rides... Pea- picking.. going on adventures ... Fighting LoL..... And let's not all forget folks... For how can we ever forget, when they ram it down our throats every year.... The world cup 1966 !!!!!!...... ( Also 1969 moon landing... Hmmm...)......