View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 12:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

For all that have loved and lost, I am truly sorry.

I lost my mother on the 10/12/2016 and my father on the 20/02/2017. My mother to Parkinson's and a rare blood disease, and my father to cancer.

The sad truth about death is that we are oblivious to it most of the time even though it surrounds us, and even though it is a fact of life. We allow ourselves to distance our feelings and thoughts around it because it's not somebody we know, or it's not directly affecting our lives at that moment. Then one day it happens to somebody dear to our hearts, coming quickly into focus and more real than ever. Suddenly death isn't just a word but a feeling, of cause and effect.

In the aftermath, we go through the motions neither one of us following the conventional patterns of grievance, taught to us by those who have yet to face death head-on. We don't grieve in any particular way or form because we each deal with pain and hurt differently, and that's OK.

The truth is, nobody tells you how much it will hurt to lose somebody you love, but then again, nobody reminds us to appreciate them more while they are here. That's because sometimes you never really know what you had until it's gone.

In our hearts and deepest memories, we seek to find a comfort that leads us down a path to healing and in remembrance of those we lost, we pay our respects and offer our forgiveness.

As a tarot reader, knowing the meaning of the Death card actually helped to remind me that following death is rebirth and transformation. I believe in life after death, and I believe they are safe and that they are at peace. I know that when I ever come to doubt that, nature, signs and synchronicities they remind me of their presence. Butterflies, feathers, music, rainbows...they are here and they still live among us. They watch over us, protect us and most importantly, love us.

To those that are still looking for that comfort, I offer you the words on my mothers grave a piece of a poem that reads

"Softly the leaves of memory fall, gently I gather and treasure them all. Unseen, unheard, you are always near, so missed, so loved, so very dear."

My father loved the poem Desiderata to which I agree, has a lot of valuable insight about life. I shall leave you with the beginning of that poem the words on his grave, which I think, gives us all a little wisdom to live by.

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence."

My thoughts are with you all and know you're loved ones are at peace.