View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As for abortions, it is such a controversial subject that I generally avoid discussing it.

I do not like playing "God" and generally let 'nature' play out her course in such matters.

As for the above list, I do believe the list to be inspirational and of sound advice.

You are correct that abortion is indeed a very controversial subject and that is why I introduced it now that I have more information on various aspects of it. As you indicated, the above list does seem to be "inspirational and of sound advice".

Continuing this, ..........

During my near death experience (NDE) many years ago when I emerged symptom-free from a three day "irreversible coma". I had an out-of-body experience and vividly recall the "fluid connection" between the body and the spirit as the Spiritists state. In addition, I also vividly recall the spirit (for lack of a better word) slowly descending towards the body as the decision to return was being made. There are other NDEers who have reported similar things. I am not unique in this respect.

In addition, I have a friend who is an advanced meditation teacher and she is one of the rare people whom I've met who actually recalls vividly the process of being born. She indicated that the "fluid connection" between the body and the spirit during the period between conception and birth was consistent with her own experience. I discussed this with her at length face-to-face on Monday of this week (January 6th, 2020) before posting.

Lastly, Dr. Michael Newton used hypnotism-regression techniques in which he documents a subset of the memories of many of his subjects prior to birth and these are consistent with the Spiritist perspective though it does not go into as much detail regarding the period between conception and birth. The memories are remarkably consistent. His book, Journey of Souls, is quite illuminating.

I have encountered many people who categorically reject some of the Spiritist views presented here because it contradicts their belief system yet, when I try to discuss details with them, they invariably offer little substance to support their positions. There are indeed other ways of looking at traditional belief systems, including those that don't believe in reincarnation.