Thread: Stress
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2021, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Stress is a silent killer, and by the time it is recognized it may have already done some damage. The thing is to recognize it before it grows. One of the early warning signs for me when I am under stress, is that I begin to curse. I don’t usually curse, but when I am under stress curse words come out of me.

Everyone has their own red flags, something that tells them they are under stress. Given this pandemic, quarantine, etc., people out of work, there is a lot of stress out there, or more correctly within us. Even as spiritually oriented people, doing relaxation techniques, meditation, etc., we can still experience stress.

The more meditation we do the greater flow of energy, and the more potential for greater stress if we don’t stay open to that flow. Stress is a mental thing that can cause all sorts of physical ailments. It starts on a mental level, can cause great emotional distress, and can move into our physical body causing inflammation and other physical ailments.

People with high blood pressure or hypertension, or have some other pre-existing condition, are more susceptible to stress. I might guess that a number of people are turning to alcohol or other drugs to cope with the effects of this pandemic and the stress it brings. I don’t advocate using alcohol or drugs to relive stress.

So what are your particular warning signs, or red flags, that tell you when you are stressed, and also what remedies do you use to relive stress. It might also be interesting to hear how other people collect stress. We all hold stress in various parts of our physical body.

Some people get tension headaches. I hold stress in the back of my neck and shoulders, and others may hold it elsewhere. Stress is widely overlooked by many and when it is, it usually leads to behavior problems. Different people handle stress differently and some don’t handle it at all. I thought given all the stress people are under right now, it may be helpful to compare notes on the subject.

First I'd like to say this is an awesome post Starman because people all over the world are under their own each individual and unique stress levels right now for various reasons. I stress the most when I go out to a store (mask up of course). I feel that the tension all over my body increases along with my heart rate. Then after I'm back home, if I can, I need to take a nap.

I am a person that has had low blood pressure my whole life up until the last year. Private stressors along with the obsession I have with watching too much news has driven my blood pressure up. I take my blood pressure daily and when I feel myself getting dizzy, agitated and breathing fast that's when my blood pressure is at it's highest - too high. I even had to go on a low dose of blood pressure medicine, which I'm not happy about, but it helps.

For me I have to avoid too much news and practice breathing exercises to feel more relaxed. I don't meditate like I use to, but the mini naps are helpful.