View Single Post
Old 13-04-2023, 06:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I do shudder when I look back on my years at what an arrogant jerk I've been. When I do pass, my argument to the gatekeepers of the Afterlife is that if I knew then what I know now, I'd be a much kinder person.
This probably applies to all of us. We can look back on our lives and see all the mistakes we have made, the things we have said and done which we now wish we hadn't.

But life on Earth is a journey of learning. Every saint was once a sinner. Every sinner is a future saint. So we might evaluate our lives by how far we have come, to what extent do we now express our higher qualities.

And I do not think we have to argue our case before the gatekeepers of the Afterlife. By all accounts there is no judgement, there is just a loving and compassionate evaluation. And we may find that our worldly achievements count for very little, while small acts of kindness count for a great deal. Any judgements of our lives will come from ourselves - we may be disappointed by some of our choices or we may be pleasantly surprised.

Peace