View Single Post
Old 24-12-2023, 09:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i think I was pretty much lost, until the day I saw that building bars for my own cage is maybe not the best approach...
but everyone else building bars means that if I won't partake too I have to separate from the crowd somewhat. None of us wants that...
It took me a couple of days to become at peace with the conflict I started between impermanence and legacy of value. There is no conflict from a certain perspective. I have had a solid experience of both. And for some reason I am sort of compelled to share this perspective. Maybe just for my own sanity. But somehow I hope that others can see beyond these cages. And instead build friendly castles.

The impermanence is obvious but the legacy of value much harder to describe for several reasons and you could write a book about it. But I don't have time for that...

My own way to separate from the crowd is that I do not accept the idea that our circumstance is based on some inherent flaw in either our nature or the nature of the world. That idea got tired for me. The only way I find through it is to face the conflict head on, and insist on finding a new perspective.

To be more precise, it was not actually something new. Rather it was how I already felt separate during my whole life. Like everything and everyone around me was some reality that did not add up. It was up to me to find a way to find peace beyond appearances that the crowd was insisting on. Those appearances are ideas that are like structures and everyone takes for granted that they are treating the patterns as if they are permanent conditions.

I see the world now based on vibrations. Repeating patterns at every scale, from a nanosecond, to a second, to an hour, to a year, to millions of years. Just because the nature of the world is not permanent does not mean that there are no patterns that repeat and it does not mean there is not some kind of structure.

So for example thousands of years ago around the time of the invention of bow and string someone found that plucking the string made a pleasant sound. Then someone also got an idea to put many strings on a single frame and the harp was born. After some time someone hit the strings with hammers and the hammer dulcimer was born. Then this led to the harpsichord and the piano. Here we have something changing while also there is a legacy of value being brought forward.

And then this is an example of the beauty I was talking about. Years ago I got obsessed with this song, trying to find someone who played it as the real deal. I found a record store where they let you listen to samples. They were all very different but I think this is as close to hearing Beethoven play as we can get:

Emil Gilels Beethoven Sonata No 14 Moonlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSDUG4rtQFo

That's not philosophy. That's real.