View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 10:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Conceptual thought based on actual experience is probably better than concepts we just made up. Or concepts of actual things as opposed to imaginary things. But if made up stuff and imaginary things makes you happy and a nicer person, I am all for them.

yeah, hard to tell what stuff is made up/imaginary and what is real though. This place tends to set people on fire, to get people imagining pretty much anything they can other than what is real... (cherubim with a flaming sword at the east gate to eden) and to douse the flames even a little kinda hurts...

but no point in chasing one's tail to try to find things one just can't see... that just makes everything a lot worse lol...

As far as the stuff I talk about, that is just the way I see things from my current perspective. My life doing that is kinda harsh though, others wouldn't much appreciate...

But I also know that words can be very misleading, a simple choice between two different phrasings can send my mind off in entirely different directions that have nothing to do with what I was trying to say to begin with. And then I'm saying stuff I never started out to say.

And that doesn't even begin to state that words as we know them just can't express some things to begin with (because of what happened at babel).

but I suppose all i just said... is more of the same... much ado about nothing... lol...