View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 01:24 AM
BunnyJen90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
There are all sorts of personalities and they have their own strengths and weaknesses, and thrive in certain places and positions. It is wrong that some people would say everyone needs to be super calm and inward looking, or everyone needing to be in charge or be very active. Unfortunately, you always get some people on all sides who believe their personality characteristics (introverted, extroverted, active, passive, people-oriented, analytical etc.) are superior and the golden standard. This is wrong and a lack of empathy that doesn't recognize differences.

I know people who have those labels (ADHD, but also autism) and they can be very good at what they're doing. The problems arise when other people don't understand them or put them in a work position where they can't shine. I know a girl at work who's autistic and she's super good analysing and structuring things. Some like to be in control and have autonomy and they are natural leaders and very efficient. Of course, one does well to be aware of weaknesses. The same applies to those that seek harmony and peace in all things, which sounds good, but they are prone to avoid conflict and then don't engage or can't handle feedback.

Different people, different strengths..

I never thought of autistic people as analyzing and structuring actually far from it and always thought autistic people were stupid. I've read that some autistic people might be crystal children but I'm not entirely sure. I've also read that those with adhd are indigo but I'm also not sure I believe that. But then again maybe I only doubt that to feel sorry for myself and get attention. Anyway been feeling rather stupid lately because of my diagnosis of adhd.