View Single Post
Old 27-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Master

Tanya, what you are describing sounds like a form of OCD. I am not saying it is, but I have seen in real life. (BTW, I have never seen a male with a cleanliness affliction, which is kinda funny now I think about it...) Cleanliness is a virtue but at a point it becomes a burden. I think you are there now.

There can be multiple reasons for desiring more than reasonable cleanliness. Hospital workers have good reason for worrying, but they work in a very unclean environment. It must be hard for them mentally to not keep their homes to the same standard. Other people have grown up in very demanding families and been pushed to keep a very high standard. Some are doing it to cover up for other shortcomings, or because of fear of 'what the neighbors/family/church/social workers will think', or just a desire to feel they are keeping control over their domain. And so on.

So I am not going to guess why you have the cleaning bug. You are the one who probably knows how this came to pass.

You are asking for a way to keep your home cleaner faster, not how to do less cleaning. I can't help you there. But there are ways to make your surroundings feel cleaner. Air humidifiers makes the air better. Cleansing crystals like amethysts in the room may be good for your sense of cleanness. Not to mention certain plants.

Less soap. More light.

I have a feeling this isn't the reply you asked for, so I apologize. It is my reply none the less.