View Single Post
Old 22-01-2017, 01:32 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmetal
I will have to maybe look at getting rid of cheese sometime soon! (or at least try the vegetarian / vegan cheese you can buy at a supermarket?)

Cheese can really be a kind of addiction. It took me a long time to get rid of that. But with my weight spiralling out of control I was forced to make a decision.

Cheese provides a lot of proteins but also a lot of saturated fats and salt.
So if you dump cheese, where do you get your proteins from. It took me some time to figure that out.

You get them from grains and legumes. But the thing is how to make them tasty, how to prepare them in such a way that you really like to eat it.
I solved that with bean burgers, seitan, hummus and cake. And I make my own plant based milk.
And I also bake my own bread, which is so much better then what you buy in the supermarket.

As a result I spend a lot more time in the kitchen. A freezer is also a must have to store the food for later use. But I am ok with that. I am willing to spend all that time preparing my food. Because I feel so much better. And I also have the time to do that.

We don't have that many vegan cheese options in my country. And what I have read from it it's either not so tasty or it's completely made of coconut oil, so no proteins anymore.

Tahin is also a great source of nutritions. And a very good flavor enhancer.