View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Came across this, it relates directly to the topic I've raised..

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ian-archbishop

It's nice to see that some christians have some ecological awareness. I also appreciated the Pope's Laudato Si' encyclical of 2014. He links the issues we are facing, albeit from a more religious perspective. It's worth a read.

@blackraven; concerning the water bottles.. there are of course ways to counter that easily, with non-plastic bottles that one can use for tapping water. You only need to wash it once a week or so, but it is not made from plastic so no micro-plastics in your body either. It is increasingly common in my country and there's basically almost never a reason for me to buy water.

Altair - The amazon forest fires is sad evidence that mankind deems profits more imperative than life force. Climate change and the destruction of delicate ecosystems is a reality that scares those who have a global consciousness and want not only to be able to breathe and sustain life, but for future generations to have a planet they can live on. What we've already done and are doing today will effect climate change tomorrow, regardless to changing our behavior. But that's no excuse not to STOP mankind's damaging behavior right now. At some point, without change, we will reach the point of no return. It will then be too late!