View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 03:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello,

From my brief time on this forum, I know there is at least another empath on it. So, I am wondering how many empaths there is on this Forum?

This is the official definition of the American Empath Association: An Empath is someone who understands the mental or emotional states of others in a way that defies conventional science and psychology. Empaths have the ability to sense the feelings, thoughts, and energies of people, plants, animals, places, or objects. In addition to sensing, Empaths absorb the energy of those around them. Empaths often experience stress or illness if they are bombarded by too many negative emotions. Empaths can also use their abilities to help others by imagining themselves in someone else’s situation and connecting with them on a deep level.

Please do feel free to share here how being an empath has affected your life. How do you deal with absorbing the energy of those around you? Are you able to turn this ability in a healing gift? Are you an empath since you are born or it came as an ability on your spiritual path? Anything you want to share.

I simply ask to those reading this thread, who are not empaths, to find in them a source of respect before posting.

Enjoy!

I’m an empath, born as this. My life has been to overcome the early absorption’s and skewed feelings, acquired from my earliest main carer’s and family ties. In the process of understanding myself as the ‘wounded healer’ I became a healer which is now supported by my empathic gifts. As a highly sensitive intuitive, my empathic ability is less involved with what I feel and more connected to being myself as a whole integrated person. So I feel and flow. Healing myself of others in me, that created a skewed, conditioned idea of myself, has taken 33 yrs. it’s been a very difficult and constant struggle to overcome on this journey, but when I see the results of being fully open, clear and flowing now, I know it’s been worth it.

I am on an empaths fb page. When I first arrived there were 144,000 empaths on there, with the majority struggling. I landed at a time where I was no longer struggling, so I supported where I could. Most empaths struggle with so much until they heal and flow with, rather than feeling and taking on, but in saying that for me walking through everything just open and willing to self reflect, let go of my victimhood and with a willingness to grow in everything activating me has been my gift. No stone left unturned, has granted me a solid foundation that now allows me to use the gifts of my healer empath self without containment.

You have to break out of yours/others jail first.