View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 07:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The ratio of happy people, spiritually advanced people, maybe healthy people, compared to barbaric, cruel, miserable, ignorant people...it would be quite interesting. I wonder of anyone has done a study on this...I say the scale tips to the advanced, content, healthy people now.
Yes, this would be interesting, but I don't know how such things could be measured.

I do wonder if things have actually improved, or is it that the problems faced by people of old have been replaced by a completely different set of problems. Which may reflect the fact that humanity continues to evolve.

Taking health as an example, the health issues of 1,000 years ago may now be a distant memory but instead humanity is dealing with a whole new set of health issues. For example, the health problems created by increased obesity and old age, not to mention all the new diseases which have sprung up. Which are treated by a staggering number of prescription drugs which then cause further problems.

It is difficult to compare modern global society with a world where most people never travelled further than 10 miles from their place of birth. But it would be interesting.

Peace