View Single Post
Old 25-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicsinner
1.What would one gain by peeping into the past?
By the way can anything be done to calm my violent mind at present, please guide me.
2.I am feeling restless most of the times.Meditation is out of question, I have tried in vain, my mind would wander at a greater speed than ever before when i sit for meditation.Why does that happen to me? am I too attached to the materialistic side?
any help would be appreciated.
1. any insight into previous life situations, where choices were made that have an effect on the current life would be beneficial to become aware of, so as to choose more wisely...
2.perhaps it would benefit you to simply take control of that mind of yours, it IS your after all, maybe a mantra would help, this is a word that is chanted inwardly while meditating, it can help to focus the mind and by doing so, stop it's incessant wandering...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi