View Single Post
Old 26-12-2021, 04:04 PM
asearcher

Thank you, sorry you are going through it though, of course. It is no point others, as in this case your husband telling you - you should be happy. If you are not happy then you are not happy and then you two needs to find out why.

I don't know the age of your child, but staying home 24/7 is not for everyone. Nobody else should tell someone else this is what is right - and if you are not happy with it then there is something wrong with you. Maybe you are the type who needs to work too as a living, not saying you have to do it full time, but just to not feel so shut out maybe from society in general, and the social life that comes with it, maybe you don't get enough stimulation as it is. Maybe there is something you miss from your old life before you were a mom. You need to find out what is balance and happiness to you. I'm just throwing in some ideas, I have no idea really.

I can't advice you on what is right or wrong for you, if the child is young it needs more attention, in one way, and then you two as parents gets a different role to play. It is easy to fall into the trap of just being parents and doing a good job at that. And then the romantic side of the relationship takes a back seat. It is also then easy over time, that one take each other for granted, and get to be more buddies than romantic partners.

It can also get worse, that the first families (the grandmoms and granddads) manage to suddenly get involved in your family life and traditions like they weren't before, as they want and feel it is their right to be with their grandchild. It is then important that you and your husband find what works for you, that you are one unit, that you do not have to do things the way grandma and granddad did or give advice too. That you two are strong in your own family that you have created. That there are healthy boundaries so it don't add up to your own issues.

If you take the time to talk, to mend, your problems in your marriage, if you keep talking, there's a chance you will bond again, will come closer to each other again?

Relationships can be so tough and it can take time before one understands the other perspective. What ever you decide to do I'll hope you'll be happy with the choice, no matter what it's not easy, I feel for you.

Last edited by asearcher : 27-12-2021 at 09:09 AM.