View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Knower

Sat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiritual1
I first experimented with meditation when I was 13 or 14 years old. I made terrible mistakes back then. Now I am 22 but my past mistakes still haunt me. One of the mistakes I made in the past was that I used force in meditation. I forced myself to concentrate on breathing. I thought that if I put more force into concentrating on breathing and being aware of it, at all times, I will quickly be enlightened. Alas! I was wrong. All I did was make myself uncomfortable.
Now coming to my present problem. Breathing gives me a certain kind of trouble, a discomfort as whenever I become aware of my breathing, I start accumulating unnecessary energy in my head. My head starts becoming heavy and I lose my freshness.
I would like to know a breathing technique that would release energy instead of accumulating it but I am not sure of what to do. Should I just avoid being aware of my breath?(I have been doing so for the past many years and its no good). Should I do some meditation related to breathing or should I do something else? Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Do mindfulness exercises, they teach you not to control the breath but to allow it to come and go naturally. Also exercise, do running and cardio outdoors or at the gym. And yoga is good too.