View Single Post
Old 27-06-2019, 04:50 AM
Knower
Breathing is troubling me

I first experimented with meditation when I was 13 or 14 years old. I made terrible mistakes back then. Now I am 22 but my past mistakes still haunt me. One of the mistakes I made in the past was that I used force in meditation. I forced myself to concentrate on breathing. I thought that if I put more force into concentrating on breathing and being aware of it, at all times, I will quickly be enlightened. Alas! I was wrong. All I did was make myself uncomfortable.
Now coming to my present problem. Breathing gives me a certain kind of trouble, a discomfort as whenever I become aware of my breathing, I start accumulating unnecessary energy in my head. My head starts becoming heavy and I lose my freshness.
I would like to know a breathing technique that would release energy instead of accumulating it but I am not sure of what to do. Should I just avoid being aware of my breath?(I have been doing so for the past many years and its no good). Should I do some meditation related to breathing or should I do something else? Any guidance will be highly appreciated.