View Single Post
Old 19-08-2023, 03:58 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boocoo
I think living in the moment can make you more spiritual. By living in the moment I mean not paying attention to the noises/sounds and other senses your brain generates and giving your attention to the sounds and noises you're actually sensing from the outside.
Since I've started doing this, my dreams are more as if I were actually experiencing them, but I still haven't lucid dreamed intentionally yet. I think this is what they called "all day awareness", but the explanations I read of it weren't clear enough to understand it.
The feeling of doing this reminds me of a study I read of when Buddhists vs normal people were eating an apple, for the Buddhists the feeling of biting into the apple for the first time lasted for the whole time they ate the apple, so it was as if they were always experiencing the apple for the first time.

Hey there!

Wow, that's a really insightful observation! Living in the moment, or being present, is indeed a powerful practice that many spiritual traditions emphasize. By truly immersing ourselves in the present, we can experience life more deeply and authentically.

I totally get what you're saying about "all day awareness." It's about being fully present and attentive to our surroundings and experiences throughout the day. It's like turning up the volume on life and really tuning into the details. It can definitely make our dreams feel more vivid and real because we're training our minds to be more observant and conscious.

The study you mentioned about the Buddhists eating an apple is fascinating! It's a beautiful illustration of how mindfulness can transform even the simplest experiences. When we eat, walk, or even breathe with full awareness, every moment becomes a new discovery.

As for lucid dreaming, it's a journey. Being more present in your waking life is a great foundation, and with time and practice, you might find yourself becoming lucid in your dreams too. Keep at it, and remember to enjoy the process!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.