View Single Post
Old 14-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
I have never heard that anywhere before in the 8 years I have been studying astrology, although i havent done much reading into esoteric astrology. From what I have read it follows a completely different structure than the one I am familiar with. Or there are people that just make up their own meanings and follow that instead to make themself feel important maybe, or both. Either way I didnt find much interest in it and prefer the more tried and true method as it makes sense from what I have seen in my own life as well as that of others over the years. But that is just me.

Conventional astrology tends to be concerned with the personality and the influences acting upon it through the planets. Esoteric astrology is more focused on the journey of the Soul and its expression through the personality.

There are various differences between the two approaches. For example, conventional astrology has a traditional set of rulers for each sign. Esoteric astrology recognises this but also ascribes different rulers for the individual who is on the spiritual path. This adds a whole new dimension to astrology.

Esoteric astrology also considers the influence of the Seven Rays which govern the various signs and planets. Again, this adds a new dimension to our understanding.

I don't think it is about people making up their own meanings to feel self-important. It is more about seeing astrology in a larger context. The esoteric astrologers I am familiar with, such as William Meader and Phillip Lindsay, are very knowledgeable astrologers.

Peace