View Single Post
Old 20-05-2021, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyJen90
I'm starting to see that I was being needy when first posting here. A relationship is about so much more than constantly needing attention and affection. Actually if you ask me a relationship where one needs constant affection isn't healthy. So I apologized to my bf. Luckily he was accepting. In the meantime I feel I really need to do something about this constant need for affection. Yes it's normal to want it every now and then but it's not normal to want it as often as I do.
It is very well possibly you tend to be needy, but don't mix it up with not getting what's considered normal in a relationship. You could now also be making up things and taking responsibility because you don't want to end up alone again. In other words, making excuses for him, making you wrong, so you can hold on to this. Which is also needy actually.
It is normal for a partner to show affection. You stated he's not really doing that.
I suspect this is also the reason that people don't see you as a couple. And that wouldn't have to do with you being needy, but there not being this special vibe and chemistry that a love couple exudes.

Of course, I wish you all the best if you want to continue with it.