Thread: Consciousness
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 07:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I didn't realise that consciousness was present, Dazza, because there was nothing to realise. Consciousness becomes conscious of itself.

Hey,

Well I generically asked 'Who here has realised what consciousness is'?

to which you replied, 'I have, it was all that was left when everything else was taken away'.

So it's a bit tricky isn't it to say you have realised consciousness and yet there is nuffin to realise

So we are left with no self, no sense of I AM, no sense of the mind or the world and yet we can still say that consciousness is conscious of itself or awareness is aware of awareness as some have described it .

Even the thought or notion that consciousness is conscious of itself has to be a mindful thought and I wonder while nuffin is present that relates to self how can there be a thought of that .

This is why I say that what is realised only comes about through self that hadn't realised something to be a certain way .

When we start to associate consciousness and awareness to be 'all that is' for instance, that isn't realised, it a thought that one has about what you are and what everything else is .

If there is nothing there when self is no more and everything has dropped away so to speak, then what is left that can make such statements?

x daz x