View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 06:37 PM
Pathfinder

Repetitive Dreams

I don't know what is going on with this dream. I have had this dream or variations of this dream for years, maybe 30 times. I keep trying to figure out what it is trying to tell me, but I obviously haven't because I keep having it.

It is a dream where I am returning to my favorite place as a child, my Grandparents cottage on a lake. Many variations of this, flying to get there, riding a bike to get there(big struggle and getting lost), driving to get there, walking to get there, and probably more ways of getting there.

When I get there it is either as I last saw it or something is/has happened to it. One time it was a massive storm coming in from the lake, what they call a water funnel. Other times a storm has already been there when I get there and the land around the lake is destroyed. Sometimes the lake is crazy turbulent sometimes the water level is low, sometimes it's normal. Sometimes it's even sunny and I can see into the lake and it looks exactly as I remember it. One time there was this amazing lightning storm, massive bolts of purple lightening, the sound of the thunder hurt to actually listen to, and raining like crazy. Another time was an earth quake that was going to swallow the lake and people were being evacuated.

Now to the cottage. The cottage was bought by someone outside of our family, they have apparently maintained it, upgraded some things but it is mostly the same. In my dreams the cottage (outside) is always in different states, sometimes it is fine and looks like it used to. Sometimes it has been damaged by a storm. Sometimes it's grown moss and is dirty. Sometimes it has a stone basement entry, which doesn't exist.

This last time the cottage was rotting, still standing up but inside was dark and wet, covered with mold, things were in places they weren't supposed to be. A ton of old food was in the kitchen and fridge in various states of decay (like super bad rotten), and was being eaten by my aunt who was apparently been staying there with a bunch of kids and she was helping them, but with a horrible place to be and bad food. The floor was broken up and looked like it had been patched badly.

In the dream I was running around trying to clean up the bad food and trying to figure out how all these kids got there, trying to find good food. I remember being shocked by how much it had broken apart on the inside but it still had electricity in the kitchen. I remember my aunt being just not there, like she was but like she wasn't thinking. And the kids seemed completely unbothered by how bad it was. And I'm just thinking, how can I fix this, remember feeling like everyone was oblivious and that it was on me to fix it.

Then I woke up. I am mystified by why I keep dreaming of this. I have thought and thought, and I obviously haven't gotten it or I wouldn't still dream of it right?