View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 08:02 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyowl
If it's techniques you're after, well there's many to choose from depending on what chimes with you, so some experimenting would be beneficial. I started with beginners' meditation and mindfulness techniques, following the breath, reciting a mantra etc, which really got me going in this work. But there's no telling how long it may take.

But other methods may work equally well. Like if you play a musical instrument, you need to focus on the here-and-now of the notes and rhythm, avoiding distractions, to avoid tripping yourself up. Before my knees went I used to go jogging in a mindful way, getting into a flow with the activity that's happening, without a separate self overcomplicating it.

Eventually I began to have glimpses where me-observing-the-moment flipped into simply-this, when I am the present moment, not in it.

The one thing I will say is one cannot read, listen or talk one's self into that state of being. It requires work (read spiritual practices) and not a small amount either. It also requires a burning desire and lots of determination and dedication.