View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 12:22 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
''Stillness speaks by Eckhart Tolle''

A good book with practical stuff to understand stillness.

People have different goals while meditate.Others want peace of mind,others use it for manifestation,etc.
Why to meditate?That's a good question.The most common and solid answer would be to ''meet with your inner source of guidance and knowledge''.

From that point,everyone should take his own path.
I heard that as an audiobook once or twice but it doesnt -if I recall correctly- state WHY stillness leads to these things.

@Miss Hepburn
If I put onto a scale a) how many hours I meditated and b) how often I had slightly blissful experiences and how long they lasted (seconds!), I must say that the effects are rather underwhelming. It's hard to see where the big advantage is supposed to lie if you never reached a state which can even easily be reached by *** for example. I'd like to have my turn on the ferryman story: "well, you invested 30 years@2h meditation each day? You fool, just take *** and get the effect instantly".
This is not to say that meditation is stupid. It comes from my lack of the blissful experience that so many report of during meditation.
If it weren't that important, I would not go by blind faith for such a long time. The least effect I am expecting though is an increased concentration but even that I don't really see yet.

For me, "How can I convince myself that meditation is worth doing?" is also very important, especially since I don't get proper effects.
But since it is my only straw right now, maybe I'll stick to it anyway