View Single Post
Old 14-12-2021, 12:30 AM
Knower

Interesting timing of this topic, I was just pondering this since I've had some former friends on my mind out of the blue. I fell out with one of them (the rest were her friends but I may have arguable spent more time with another one by default than her). This was probably fifteen or more years ago now.

The friend I fell out with made it clear that she was getting together with me only because her boyfriend was going out of town and she couldn't talk him out of it, and then wondered why I never called her. Also she pressured me to date a guy at my work who creeped me out.

Her friend, who was the one who came to my mind first, lived near me and had a car and I didn't so she'd put us together making plans. I had a mild crush on him off and on but knew that we had nothing in common and I didn't think he enjoyed spending time with me.

So the last time me and the girl talked, my grandfather was dying and all she cared about was why I didn't call her and had nothing to say about my grandfather. Oh and of course that her other friend finally got a girlfriend and kind of went on and on about how it'd been a long time since he had a girlfriend. I knew she had some kind of angle for that but I don't know what it was. I just said he probably waited for someone he liked and that was it. It was so weird.

That catapulted into that her and I are on different life paths and that I'm finally sick and tired of feeling forced to conform to standards of how she says I'm supposed to think and feel and act. It's okay to go different ways. It sounded like a bad breakup honestly.

Nobody ever called me after that conversation or stopped by and that told me all I had to know about these people I'd spent time with for years. Even though it hurt and befuddled me I moved on.

The other Friday night a memory of the one guy just came to my mind out of the blue and I couldn't think for the life of me as to why, but they've been in my mind since then. Only I don't feel that I have anything to say to them. I could wager that being back in my hometown with past negativity is affecting me and causing this or maybe deep down I really do have something to say to these people, I don't know. It is strange...