View Single Post
Old 26-01-2021, 12:44 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
This link? https://ideapod.com/4-stages-enlight...e-can-achieve/ What's the problem? As far as I can determine it's spot-on.

Concerning emotions... What produces them? What controls them? From the perspective of Self-realization it's mind-body and I'm simply the Witness of experience, wholly unaffected. If I identify with mind-body and strive to control them then I am a prisoner of mind-body and all its baggage including emotions, not to mention aging, injury, sickness and eventually death.

I can watch a sad movie and be moved and yet not suffer. Life is no different and I'm not suggesting being an emotionless robot. What I am suggesting is there's a way of being where we can fully experience the full range of the human condition and yet not be in its throws, tossed about like a ship on a stormy sea. Be the calm in the storm.

A truly Enlightened Master doesn't move within the world. The world and all of spacetime moves within him/her.

Yes that link.

You realize you contradicted yourself there right? even if you are just a witness of experience you are still doing it from a perspective of having a self, it's called self-realization correct? you said at the end there as well that all spacetime move around him/her - which means it moves around themself.

Going deeper to reach levels of pure self, finding the self that is connected with divinity and goes beyond space and time, helps achieve constant bliss and while being very beneficial and helpful to achieve a constant state of bliss, is not essential. Just having an understanding that you can change your own mindset, mental attitude and emotional state over time is enough for anyone to get started on being more peaceful and loving on a continual basis.