View Single Post
Old 24-01-2021, 03:29 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
When I was writing that last reply to you I was trying to remember the name of the guru who said that karma was action and nothing more - and it was Sadhguru, isn't it? Can't remember the Youtube off-hand because if I remember rightly it was about something different entirely. Don't that beat all? I didn't go looking for that either and there you go serving it up on a plate after saying you didn't go looking for any of this. Good job I'm a big fan of this stuff.

Just a week of weirdness? You're pretty lucky though. I don't know if there's a timescale for this because I haven't heard anything on this particcular subject for quite a while, but likely Matt Khan might say your your experience was in line with the First Wave of Ascension, but I guess you'd have to watch the Youtube and compare for yourself. I went through something simillar, and it just keeps on coming.

I have the boxset of everything Babylon 5 and was a huge fan when it first came out, every once in a while I'll watch the whole lot - and movies in snyc - once again for the first time. As to Jeffrey Sinclair -
"To be with him was to have the strangest feeling, as though he were only visiting this life and did not want to be overly burdened by it."
Rathenn to Delenn, 2260

That sounds like someone you know?

His whole Life made no sense to him until he became Valen, then everything dropped into place and he want forwards with a single-minded purpose. After having taken Babylon 5 and gone back in time to help the Minbarri to defeat the Shadows and founded the Spirituality that became the framework of their race..... What of that karma? Spirituality doesn't always wear a badge that says "This is Spiritual."

So none of that post of yours is a great surprise, I couldn't put my finger on it but now it all drops straight into place. So while you might not have gone looking for any of this, YOU went lookinjg for this otherwise you woudn't have found it. The most fundamental question so many have - Spiritual or not - is "Who am I?" I think this is why you are here, in this forum and looking at the material you seem to be expressing here, because you are looking for you.

Have you heard the term 'Old Soul'?

Okay, so here's my honest assessment.

https://ideapod.com/4-stages-enlight...e-can-achieve/

From the Buddhist perspective I'd say I'm somewhere between Stream-enterer (Sotapanna) and Once-returner (Sakadagami), perhaps closer to the latter than the prior. It's not really important anyway. What is important is just moving forward to the best of my abilities and what comes will come.

My stream entry was the several weeks of waking reality experienced like a lucid dream. That followed the weird week that culminated in a mind-blowing and very disturbing precognition episode.

This was all very recent, starting in the last week of October 2019, and to be totally honest after the intensity of the waking lucid dream experience slowly subsided I grew very distraught with a feeling of being lost my whole life, finally finding home only to get lost again. It took a good six months to work through it all, taking a couple of breaks from this forum because it seemed to be detrimental, but eventually I came to the realization the core of that experience never left me, just the intensity. A sort of consolidation and stabilization I suppose.

Concerning Sadhguru, I tired of him after a couple of weeks as his talks were more like a stump speech and especially when I found the much deeper and philosophically rich tradition of Advaita Vedanta.

On a Sci-Fi related note have you checked out "The Expanse"? it's currently in Season 5 on Amazon Prime and new episodes air Tuesday night shortly after 7 PM EST. It's pretty good.

EDIT: Tying the Buddhism levels of Enlightenment to Karma, if one's identification does shift from the self to Self (I know, Buddhist don't subscrive to Self but I'm looking at it from the Advaita perspective and in any case both disavow the self) and it's genuine consider the implications of a Karma Yoga practice such as Work as Witness. One detaches from the fruits of actions while still engaged in action because one is Self and not the self and merely witnessing the actions of the self. It's a surrender of doership and hence does not generate karma.