View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 12:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Questioning conventional thinking has been a scary experience for me.

What have you discovered (in your inquiry into conventional thinking) that led to a way of life that is off the beaten path of convention?

What areas of my life are off the beaten path of convention?

I question the Western approach to medicine, which deals in treating symptoms rather than treating the whole person. And the usual remedy prescribed by doctors is some pharmaceutical drug which has various side-effects so the doctor then prescribes another drug to counteract the side-effects but that drug also has its own side-effects, and so on. So I tend to use alternative approaches to healing.

I question much of the thinking of current science which has developed a great understanding of the physical world but has not really begun to investigate the non-physical realms of consciousness. So when it comes to the major questions of life and death I do not look to science for answers. I place much more faith in the paths of Yoga which has been investigating consciousness for thousands of years. We have barely begun to tap into our potential as human beings.

I question much of the information presented by the media, which is geared towards presenting a particular viewpoint. You do not have to be a conspiracy theorist to consider the possibility that the general public are kept in a state of ignorance over the truth behind various global events.

I question the conventional theories over the development of humanity over the past 500,000 years. It makes more sense to me that our current civilisation is the latest in a long series of civilisations which have come and gone, including the possibility of extraterrestrial or non-physical intervention.

I could provide further examples but you get the idea. Much of this does not directly affect how I live, apart from avoiding doctors and my choices in diet. Otherwise my life is outwardly quite "normal" - I live in an ordinary house (not off the grid), I drive a car, I pay my bills. I simply do not buy into many of the ideas which are taught as facts, because for me these facts are insufficient.

And yes, it can be scary to consider that much of what is commonly accepted as true may be totally inaccurate. But I would rather look into these things and come to my own conclusions than just blindly believe all the so-called experts.

Peace