View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Sangress

Human beings are intelligent enough to think they are suffering even if they are in a situation where they actually aren't. This kind of impulse to feel as though things are painfull and could be better is easily the product of our survival stratergy.

If we don't like something, we recodnise that, then we change it to suit us. It's been happening for thousands of years and its obvious that we are very good at avoiding and removing suffering from our lives.

I understand physical suffering (starvation, torture...etc) and emotional suffering (abuse of any form) and I see people attempting to prevent and avoid it all the time.

The issue I see with this is that in these instances some suffering is unavoidable, while others are actually created by fellow humans themselves.

So, beyond the obvious actions of changing an external situation , working through emotional pain or removing oneself from an abusive situation.....I'd say the only way to "fix" human suffering is to just accept that suffering is a part of everyones life and that it's ok for it to be that way because that is the natural way of things.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it.