View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Master
I think people need to step back and understand he is talking from his present experience.

The first step is sitting in meditation. Let's just say mindful meditation. We are observing, thoughts, feelings, sensations flow by with out attaching to them. Or at least trying right :)

As one progresses with this practice they will at first have moments in a meeting or when driving of observing/calm abiding there thoughts as they are going about there normal day to day business.

Over time it builds until you reach a state of observing. In Yoga this is called The Witness, in Buddhism it is called Calm Abiding. It is something that will happen on a deep level all on it's own.

Can you help it along.. sure. As you walk around the office or house pay attention to your breath. Or put your awareness within your body as you walk around and open your heart to others. I have had a lot of openings with that one. Just putting my awareness within my heart and being open to everyone around me. Feels good too and what you feel is what you are.. so think about it. :)