Thread: trees debugged
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Master
trees debugged

I have many ash trees on my lot. One of the larger ash trees has been attacked by local insect borers. There are holes on the bark and trunk and the bark has been falling off. I had no choice but to call in the tree doctor to inject bug poison in order to save the trees. We've just lost 4 large Elm trees this year and would be very saddened to lose the remaining ash trees. We'd thought we lost one tree because the leaves didn't emerge this year but the tree doctor said 4 were lost.

I had a dream of one of our trees several years ago. I was sitting under this beautiful white tree version of our current diseased ash tree and the bark was falling off and white seeds were scattered everywhere. It's a lot like death and rebirth. I'm mesmerized looking at the cottony seeds blown about by gentle winds.

I'm wondering if the tree was trying to tell me something years ago and if it were able to see it's future diseased state. My friend told me that I was dreaming of the world tree but now I think I was dreaming of my ash tree.

I feel bad about the insects but my trees come first.